Saturday, August 15, 2009

Character Design Class

So I signed up for Stephen Silver's Character Design class at https://www.schoolism.com/.

I'm hoping to improve my drawing and design ability. I unfortunately couldn't afford the full class in which Stephen personally critiques your assignments. I'm just taking the self taught version.

Here's the first assignment. We had to create a character based on a description he gave us. I haven't turned it in yet as I'm debating continuing to work on it. But I also want to move forward in the lectures and this first design is supposed to represent where we are now before beginning the class and then we redesign the character at the end of the course so we see the improvement. At least I hope there's improvement by the end of the course.




I'll try to post my assignments as I do them, one so this blog gets updated and two so I can hopefully see a progression in skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment