Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Assignment #3

So I was away this past weekend at Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA. If you're a sci-fi fan it is a must. I had loads of fun and was screening my film "Snuggle Time" at the Film Festival. I ended up being one of the three finalists for the Animation Comedy category. That was neat.

So I haven't worked much on my third assignment for the character design class. We were supposed to draw a portrait of a given photograph and then do at least three caricatures of the same photo. So far I have two portraits and I still don't feel like I'm getting the portrait right. I've discovered I'm a bit rusty at this. I'll hopefully finish it all up by the weekend, but since it had been awhile since I posted. Here are the two portraits I've done so far.

This was the first full attempt.



And this is the second try.



That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great. You picked a good design to caricature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Although the teacher picked the photo probably for that reason. :)

    ReplyDelete